We design and manufacture complex rigid 3D structures from thermally and structurally stable vitreous or ceramic materials for a wide variety of OEM applications. We have the ability to design monolithic mounting structures. Integrating individual optical components, mounting structures and systems into dimensionally and thermally stable monolithic structures has significant performance and cost advantages.
We have a variety of unique and proprietary manufacturing technologies including grinding, honing, die sinking, and etching as well as the ability to exchange design data with you during development.
Technical properties of the materials we use:
- Thermal characteristics: zero thermal expansion, equal thermal expansion, wide operating temperature ranges,
- Mechanical characteristics: mechanically rigid, stable, long lifetime
- Physical characteristics: low wear, RF resistant, hard material
- Chemical/biological characteristics: Resistant to climatic changes, high chemical resistance, biocompatible
- Electrical/magnetic characteristics: insulating, non-conducting, non-magnetic
We are able to manufacture with mechanical tolerances down to the sub-μm range for special applications.
|Materials||A wide range of amorphous and crystalline materials such as glass, crystals, glass ceramics, ceramics, and other specialized materials|
|Dimensions||up to 1200mm length and ∅850mm|
|Length tolerance||+/- 0.0025mm|
|Diameter tolerance||+/- 0.0025mm|
|Shape/ positional tolerance||0.005mm|
|Shapes||Any mathematically described and/ or digitized shapes|
|Deep hole bores||bis 500mm, ∅3-40mm|
|Surface structure||Ground, lapped/ blasted, stress-free etching, mirror-etched, polished|
Metrology and Quality Assurance:
- High-precision, non-contact and scanning metrology for ∅’s, lengths, and shaped elements.
- Surface roughness measurements to the nm range
- High-precision 3D coordinate metrology (tactile & optical)
- Various microscopy technologies
We design and produce OEM 3D glass & ceramic components to customer specifications. Our extensive expertise with ceramic components can be applied to many customer applications.
Beam splitter integrated into a ceramic substrate
- Lightweight precision optics and components with the latest CNC-controlled processes
- Shape accuracy in the low nm range
- Stress-free etching of components after shaping to guarantee long-term stability
5-axis grinding center
Aspherical off-axis mirror with lightweight structures
Different coefficients of thermal expansion of optical elements and mechanical supporting structures often have a negative effect on optical performance (wave front, focus etc.) in high-precision and temperature-stablized optical systems. Manufacturing mechanical mountings from the same material as the optics greatly minimizes reciprocal forces and stabilizes performance of the overall system.
Mechanical mounting of quartz – product and design
The use of ULE (Ultra-Low-Expansion) materials in high-precision and temperature stabilized systems provides high accuracy and stability, even for applications in extreme temperature ranges. Precise processing of amorphous and crystalline materials is one of the areas of expertise we can use to provide highly stable OEM solutions for customer applications.
3D structure of Zerodur
3D simulation process